Chromecast and AirPlay offer a fantastic way to elevate your Birth Recovery Center experience by streaming content from your devices to larger screens. In this guide, we'll walk you through using Chromecast and AirPlay with both the Birth Recovery Center mobile app and the Birth Recovery Center Desktop account.
As a note, you will not be able to cast videos from an Android phone.
Let's get started!
Using Chromecast and AirPlay with the Birth Recovery Center App:
- Check Compatibility: Make sure your mobile device and your Chromecast/AirPlay-compatible device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Birth Recovery Center app on your mobile device.
- Select Your Content: Navigate to the content you want to stream.
- Tap the Cast or AirPlay Icon: Look for the Cast or AirPlay icon within the content's playback controls. Give it a tap.
- Choose Your Device: A list of available Chromecast or AirPlay devices will pop up. Choose the device you want to cast or stream to.
- Enjoy the Big Screen: As soon as you're connected, your selected content will start playing on the larger screen. You can control playback using your mobile device.
Using Chromecast and AirPlay with the Birth Recovery Center Desktop Account:
- Ensure Compatibility: Confirm that your computer and your Chromecast/AirPlay-compatible device share the same Wi-Fi network.
- Fire up your web browser and log in to your Birth Recovery Center account on the desktop https://app.birthrecoverycenter.com/sign_in
- Find Your Content
- Activate Casting: Locate the Chromecast or AirPlay icon within the media player on your desktop. Click on it to initiate the casting process.
- Pick a Device: A menu listing available Chromecast or AirPlay devices will appear. Select the device where you want to see your content.
- Keep your Chromecast or AirPlay-compatible device powered on and ready to receive the stream.
- Be mindful that the quality of your casting experience may depend on your network speed and the content's quality.
Note: Chromecast and AirPlay compatibility with our platform varies based on your device's casting capabilities. If your device doesn't support casting as a feature, this option won't be available.